Sunday, August 9, 2009

Discovery Gate

Yesterday was an eventful day. It usually is when I decide to take the kids to do something fun without Jason. Me, Amy, Jarom and Launa decided to go down to the Discovery Gateway because we had some free tickets. I was following Amy going about 80 mph when my back passenger tire blew. I wasn't sure what was going on at first. I looked around to see what the noise was and then I felt the durango shaking. That is when I knew. I had to pull over on the left side of the freeway because I was in the fast lane. Luckily there was a big area. I called Amy and told her what had happened. The crappy thing is that my spare tire is sitting home in my garage. Jason never put it back on after our last flat. He said the thing is broke that holds it on underneath. So Jarom came and took off my tire while Amy went to like 4 tire stores trying to find me a tire the same size. I guess the size we have is discontinued. She finally found one and Jarom took my tire to get a new one put on the rim. We sat on the side of the freeway for 2 1/2 hours. With 4 kids that was real fun. Luckily no one had to go to the bathroom and I had packed some water bottles. When we got the tire on we went to McDonalds to eat. The kids were onery and hungry by then. Then we went on our way to the Gateway. The kids had fun playing with the toys. It is a really fun place for little kids. Kelsey is a little too old for it but she was just happy to get out of the house. Here are a few pics of the day.

Maise, Cayden and Chase gasing up the car.


Chase, Cayden and Kelsey. They were not supposed to be doing this but I had to take a pic before I yelled at them.
Cayden and Parker playing with the water tunnels.
Kelsey checking out people at the grocery store.
Chase made new friends at the Construction site.
Me, Bree, Jarom and Jaxon
Kelsey and Bree in the lifesize doll house
Kelsey and Chase anchoring the news
Cayden getting ready to take flight in the helicopter.
(This was the kids favorite I think)
Me and Bree

No comments: